Have questions?
We're here to help

Business FAQs

What does contestable mean?
Contestable businesses are those who are eligible to buy electricity from retailers of their choice outside of SP Powers.

If your business has a monthly consumption of above 2,000kWh (equivalent to a monthly electricity bill of at least $400) and will be eligible to choose their electricity provider.

Check your eligibility here.
Am I eligible to switch?
Only contestable businesses can buy from Senoko Energy today. Please refer to the Open Electricity Market website to check the criteria to know your eligibility to make the switch.

Contestable businesses can buy from electricity retailers the same way they do today. When EMA officially liberalises the market, there will be additional approved electricity retailers for these businesses to buy from.

Businesses who are master-metered account holders for premises under the master/sub metering scheme. Such customers can only switch to become market consumers under En Bloc Contestability Scheme (EBS) or the Demand Aggregation Scheme (DAS).

If you are a contestable customer and are buying from an electrical retailer today, please ensure you have already fulfilled your contractual obligation.
How do I switch from SP to Senoko Energy?
If you are interested to switch to Senoko Energy, please fill out the Contact us form on our website so our Sales staff can reach out to you.

You will need to have these items ready:
- MSSL account number
- A proof of address document such as a utility or telecommunication bill, insurance or bank statement or any other government document under your business name.
- Your business profile or your most recent ACRA file
- Business contact and address
- Last month’s electricity bill
- Address of premise to which electricity is supplied
How long will the switching process take?
Upon receiving your signed application forms and supporting documents, your application can be approved as fast as 2 business day from the day you apply.

It will require around 30 business days for the process to be completed if there is a change of meter to AMI.
Will there be a disruption in my electrical supply?
The way electricity is physically supplied to your premise will not change. To switch to Senoko Energy, we do not need to do any installation at your premise.

Unless there is a change of meter type, there will not be any disruption caused by a change of electrical retailer. For a change of meter, the disruption will be less than half an hour.
What will happen to my gas and water supply if I were to switch electricity retailers?
You will get a separate bill for your electricity charges from Senoko Energy. Your gas and water supply will continue to be billed by your existing provider.
How do I pay my bills?
You can pay online through your Senoko Energy account portal using MasterCard or Visa, or through a physical AXS machines or via GIRO. You can download the GIRO forms from here
What’s the difference between an AMI meter and a SRLP Meter?
An AMI meter allows for a more accurate reading as it reads electrical consumption every half hourly, whereas the SRLP meter are read by MSSL every 2 month.

For AMI meter users, Senoko Energy will absorb the $40 AMI meter fee.
Who is MSSL?
MSSL stands for Market Support Services Licensee and this role is currently fulfilled by SP Services. MSSL looks after the following: settlement of bills; meter reading; data management; and facilitating the transfer of customers from electrical retailers.
I am moving to a new premises. How do I transfer my service?
Contact our Customer Solution Specialist at 1800-688 8888 or email us at enquiry@senokoenergy.com and inform us of on your intention for relocation. We will assist you accordingly.
How do I renew my contract?
Before your contract expires, we will send out a notice to you with renewal instructions. If you wish to terminate the intent of renewal, please inform us at least ten (10) business days in advance, before the contractual end date.
How do I close my account?
Inform our Customer Solution Specialist at 1800-688 8888 or enquiry@senokoenergy.com. We will issue out the final billing and inform MSSL on your behalf.
If my account is no longer with Senoko Energy, how do I terminate my GIRO/credit card recurring payment?
You will have to inform your bank to cancel the recurring payment.
Can I switch back to SP after my contract with Senoko Energy ends?
Yes, you can. Before your contract ends, we wil send you a notice of renewal. If you wish to terminate your intent of renewal, please inform us at least ten (10) business days before the contractual end date.

Get in touch with us.​​​

We use cookies on SenokoEnergy.com to provide a user experience that’s more tailored to you. If you continue, you are giving your consent to receive cookies only on this site. To decline cookies at any time, simply adjust your browser settings. Read our Privacy PolicyClose