Discover plenty of opportunities to learn & grow with Senoko
As a tried and true brand that has been around since 1977, Senoko is the expert in the field of energy. Join our team to discover how we’ve been powering the nation for over 40 years and counting, in addition to plenty of opportunities to grow.
We pride ourselves in attracting and retaining our talents. In doing so, we offer competitive compensation packages that commensurate with your qualifications, experience and individual skill-set.
We offer a complete suite of benefits — leave schemes, medical, flexible benefits, health screening, insurance for both employees and dependents alike, as well as various wellness programmes for our employees.
Enjoy a fulfilling and meaningful career with us!
Legal & Compliance Division / Legal & Compliance Section
Reports to: HOD, Legal & Compliance
To ensure that legal risks are adequately considered and mitigated, legal documentation are systematically archived, and the business is conducted ethically and in compliance with applicable regulations.
1. Ensure contractual risks are highlighted and adequately considered before contracts are executed
• Review contractual terms and conditions
• Highlight key risk items in contracts, and recommend risk mitigation measures
• Develop briefs to explain the legal implications of key clauses in a contract
2. Implement the prompt and organized filing of contracts and related documentation
• Ensure that executed contracts are filed promptly and in a systematic manner that allows for easy retrieval
• Ensure that corporate secretarial records are filed for easy access during an audit process
• Liaise with auditors for producing documentary records during an audit process
3. Coordinate and administer the corporate secretarial processes
• Liaise with corporate secretarial firm to prepare Board resolutions, shareholder resolutions, notices of Board meetings and AGM papers
• Keep records of the information of directors and working committee members, including where applicable passports etc
• Prepare notifications and communications to be sent to the shareholder representatives
4. Identify and analyse current and new regulatory requirements and enforce compliance
• Maintain a summary analysis of key regulations affecting the business of Senoko
• Research on new regulations that will be implemented and outline the requirements that Senoko will need to comply with
• Develop and maintain a database of the timelines for actions to be taken by Senoko to comply with the regulatory requirements, such as license renewal
5. Assisting the HOD, Legal and Compliance, to enforce compliance with the Senoko Code of Conduct
• Assist in preparing the presentation for training the Senoko staff on ethical compliance
• Develop processes for carrying out investigations into ethical breaches
• Degree in law and admitted to the Singapore Bar
• 3 to 5 years of post-qualifying experience in legal practice and/or as an in-house counsel
• Knowledge of legal practices in highly regulated industry
• Able to communicate clearly and present information in a succinct and clear manner
• Organized and meticulous
• Able to develop presentations and training materials that are both informative as well as interesting
• Able to develop arguments in a logical and concise manner
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Familiar with corporate secretarial duties preferred
Executive Engineer /Operations & Maintenance Division / Maintenance (Electrical) Section
Reports to: Head of Electrical, Maintenance
Responsible, where delegated, for the effective maintenance of electrical plant and equipment to achieve high reliability and availability in accordance with statutory, regulatory and safety requirement.
Senior Executive / Commercial Division / Customers Operations OEM Section
Reports to: Team Lead
1) Digital channel engagement activities
Senior Portfolio Analyst / Portfolio Analyst, Trading & Portfolio Management Division / Portfolio Management Section
Reports to: HOS, Portfolio Management
Senoko Energy participates in Singapore’s electricity, natural gas, oil and FX markets. You will be a member of the Trading and Portfolio Management team, managing Senoko Energy’s fuel and sales positions to determine the underlying exposures in the market. The Portfolio Analyst will be responsible for:
Providing direct support to portfolio managers and traders through timely and accurate representation of positions. This involves monitoring of electricity sales, gas contracts, fuel and FX transactions. You will:
Ensure that trades are correctly captured and allocated in the system.
Monitor that the approved strategy and risk limits are respected.
Ensure that transaction prices are consistent with market prices
Be responsible for the integrity of Portfolio Management information that may impact portfolio decisions
2. Assisting with the optimisation of financial gross margin performance (i.e. revenues/costs from energy market activities) by structuring the portfolio books as well as quantifying portfolio risks and exposures.
3. Preparing regular portfolio monitoring and monthly market trend reports. Report and present positions internally to various stakeholders
4. Interacting and structuring communication flows between Portfolio Management, Fuel Hedging, Middle Office, Sales and IT teams.
5. Key user of a deal capture and position management system. Frequent discussions with IT teams on change requests and implementation of user acceptance testing due to ever changing needs of the business. Work with IT teams to develop and implement dashboards and visualization reports to provide timely updates to key stakeholders.
6. Responsible for determining and quantifying wholesale margins for the pricing of retail contracts. Working closely with the Analytics team to enhance and maintain retail pricing methodology and models. Assist the portfolio managers with monthly settlements of electricity sales contracts.
University degree in a quantitative field such as finance, economics, or engineering.
A structured and analytical personality with excellent qualitative and quantitative skills.
Minimum of 2-5 years professional experience in a trading environment (e.g., trading, portfolio management or middle office). Comfortable with IT applications, particularly MS Excel-based tools.
Knowledge of commodity risk management systems is a plus but not a prerequisite.
Some relevant experience e.g. financial derivatives or physical commodities trading in energy markets or knowledge of CTRM systems is a plus but not a prerequisite.