Trading & Portfolio Management Division / Portfolio Management Section
Reports to: Head of Division, Trading & Portfolio Management
You will be responsible for managing Senoko’s portfolio of assets, comprising of generation capacity, gas contracts, electricity sales contracts and financial hedges to achieve optimum financial performance.
- Manage Senoko’s portfolio position
- Maintain a central record of Senoko’s portfolio positions. Namely, gas contracts, generation capabilities, electricity sales, electricity futures positions and financial hedges
- Monitor the total contract position versus generation forecasts, hedge cover ratios, gas take-or-pay coverage and identify opportunities and risks
- Develop and recommend strategies for optimising Senoko’s contract position as a way of enhancing gross margins, with specific reference to retail targets, timing of retail contract build-up and CFD opportunities
- Seek approval to execute CFD with external Generation companies or Retailers and prepare evaluation of deal performance
- Liaise with the retail team on large contracts and make recommendations on contract proposals
- Assist RMO to develop and implement energy market risk management framework, policies and strategy with specific reference to hedge cover ratios, fuel hedging strategies, exposures and mark to market
- Coordinate energy market activities and information
- Develop and execute hedging strategies
- Prepare robust forecasts of physical and financial fuel hedge requirements and/or exposures
- Prepare and execute fuel, electricity futures and FX hedge strategies to manage portfolio risk exposures
- Keep abreast with fuel supply and demand fundamentals, global/regional geo-political developments and market dynamics
- Ensure deal execution is in compliance with internal risk controls
- Retail pricing
- Develop and maintain the transfer pricing methodology for transactions between the TPM and Retail divisions
- Be aware of developments in the energy market that could influence retail pricing
- Quantify and assess the impact of risk premiums on retail contracts
- Contribute to product innovation and design by calculating risk reward payoff for potential new product launches
- Governance and Policy compliance
- Prepare, implement and improve procedures
- Monitor and report compliance
- Participate in internal and external control processes
- Lead preparation of Portfolio Management’s submissions to the Hedge Committee and Risk Committee, and make specific recommendations on contract levels and retail price targets
- Ensure that the Hedge Committee conducts its business efficiently
- Be aware of regulatory developments and impact on the portfolio
- University degree in Finance/ Economics/ Engineering or equivalent from a recognized University.
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in energy markets, portfolio and/or risk management
- Preference for experience in liberalised wholesale electricity and gas market environments
- Understand financial risks associated with physical and/or physical portfolio of assets, sales contracts and hedges.
- An organised and analytical personality with both qualitative and quantitative skills.
- A results-oriented team leader with excellent social and communication skills.