Find out more about the Temporary Electricity Contracting Support Scheme.
1. The Energy Market Authority (“EMA”) has received feedback that some large business consumers looking to secure fixed price contracts in recent months have experienced difficulties in doing so during this period due to unprecedented volatility in the global energy market as well as in the Singapore Wholesale Electricity Market.
2. EMA has worked with Senoko Energy Supply Pte Ltd to offer one-month fixed price retail contracts to large business consumers who have difficulty in securing a retail contract for January 2022. While the fixed electricity price under the one-month retail contract reflects the prevailing high fuel prices, it will provide consumers with greater price certainty compared to the Wholesale Electricity Price (“WEP”).
3. All large business consumers, with an Average Monthly Consumption of at least 4 MWh, are eligible to sign up for our one-month fixed price retail contract for the month of January 2022. You should have been notified via your existing/previous retailer or SP Group.
4. Towards the end of your contract, you can choose to re-contract with Senoko Energy Supply Pte Ltd, switch to another retailer or switch to buy electricity at the WEP.
|Electricity Retailer||Senoko Energy Supply Pte Ltd|
|Type of Price Plan||Fixed Price Plan|
|Contract Duration||1 Jan 2022 (or later) to 31 Jan 2022|
|Maximum Fixed Electricity Price (¢/kWh)
Rate shown is before applying GST
Are the following third-party charges applicable and payable by the consumer in addition to the Fixed Electricity Price?
|Monthly Energy Uplift charges||Yes|
|Hourly Energy Uplift charges||No|
|Allocated Regulation Price||Yes|
|Energy Market Company fees||Yes|
|Power System Operator fees||Yes|
|Transmission Charges (Peak)||Yes|
|Transmission Charges (Offpeak)||Yes|
|Contracted Capacity Charges*||Yes|
|Uncontracted Capacity Charges*||Yes|
|Reactive Power Charges*||Yes|
|Meter Reading & Data Management Charges||Yes|
|Market Development & System Charges||Yes|
|Vesting Contract Debit/Credits||No|
* Not applicable for consumers taking supply at low-tension (i.e. below 6.6 kV) level.
Additional Fees and Charges
Yes, 1 month cash security deposit payable 3 business days before contract start date.
|Early Termination Charges||Yes, the amount payable is computed based on: Sum of administrative costs, hedge unwinding costs and opportunity cost x average monthly volume (MWh) x remainder of the Contract Period.
|Late Payment Charge||1% per month|
|Further details on contract terms||All other terms and conditions shall follow Senoko Energy's terms and conditions provided in our offer to you upon receiving your email request.|
EMA’s Consumer Advisory
Please note that the fixed electricity price under the one-month retail contracts offered by the participating retailers for the Temporary Electricity Contracting Support scheme show the maximum fixed electricity price for the contract month. Consumers should engage participating retailers to negotiate pricing and non-pricing terms. Retailers usually request consumers to provide more information such as their historical electricity consumption profile to adjust the electricity price and other terms.
The participating retailers’ offers under the scheme are subject to availability and will be contracted on a first-come-first-served basis. It is not compulsory for consumers to sign-up for monthly fixed price contracts. Consumers can continue to engage retailers on alternative pricing arrangements that best suit your needs.